VDA 4913 Message Structure And Components Recommendations (Daimler AG EDI Operation)
VDA 4913 Message serves as a delivery note data using standard EDI and is used in order to improve the quality of data sent between trading partners.
VDA 4913 Message Data records
- 711 Header record – Identifies the partners. Defines purpose of communication
- 712 Transport record – Transport description
- 713 Delivery note header record. Contains delivery note number, unloading point, etc.
- 714 Delivery note position record. Describes item and delivery quantity.
- 715 Packing material record – Describes packaging. Links EDI to VDA 4902 material label.
- 716 Text record on delivery note position – Used to indicate the change status.
- 717 Individual package support record – Optional for external service provider processing DO NOT send to Daimler
- 718 Production number record – Only for JIT/JIS
- 719 Trailer record – Contains the statistics of the data transfer.
Notes on VDA 4913 Message record types and data elements
In order to minimise problems when creating messages, various items are described below.
This is part of the interchange protocol, not the message. The routing of the message into the “right” goods receipt system takes place through the entry of the filename in the SFID.
Description of fields
Numeric entry of the supplier number; flush left (no slash). 9th character must be a SPACE if there is only one supplier location. For multiple supplier locations, the 9th character must contain the assigned index.
Where an index is required for a new supplier location, an application to this effect has to be submitted to the responsible Daimler AG MRP controller for the material.
ID number of the forwarding agent to whom the transport data could be sent.
Code for the EDI creator, see VDA 4913 recommendation.
[Blank] = space
Code for the type of delivery, see VDA 4913 recommendation.
[Blank] = space
Record type 712
Reference number assigned by the sender of the consignment.
A consignment number may not be repeated within the same year. Please note the instructions in Appendix 2 to the VDA specification. Generally speaking, SLB numbers can be assigned either for each unloading point or for each delivery address.
The SLB number must always be shown in field 8 of the forwarding instruction/waybill according to VDA 4922. It is an access key for the goods recipient.
Supplier’s plant from which the delivery is sent (supplier’s codes used). Must be coordinated with Daimler AG.
No input is now required here (see record type 711, pos. 03). In a system changeover scenario, as a transitory arrangement in a multiple locations situation, the supplier no. may be sent as an entry in the Werk Lieferant (= supplier plant) field. There is no longer any reassignment.
Name of the company that carries out the transport.
• In the event of own deliveries, enter your company name.
• In the event of collection by Daimler AG, enter D AG collection.
Date that goods are loaded or collected at the supplier’s site.
Weight of goods including packaging but not loading equipment. Entered without decimal places.
ID number assigned by Daimler AG for the transport company in question.
In cases where Daimler is paying the freight costs, the freight forwarder number must be shown here. The format is as per the supplier number structure. Below is a selection of the transport partners that are currently allowed.