Volvo WebEDI Automotive Products (AP) Supplier Requirements
Volvo WebEDI is ideal for small suppliers with few deliveries to Volvo or as an interim solution for suppliers currently unable to use traditional EDI. With this solution vendors log on to a web portal and manually register and administrate the required messages. All Volvo Group vendors are required to use EDI (Electronic Data Interchange) or the Volvo WebEDI. The messages exchanged between Volvo and suppliers are for example delivery schedules, despatch advices and invoices.
Within the Volvo Group there is a distinction between suppliers of Automotive Products (AP) and Non Automotive Products (NAP). As the EDI/webEDI requirements are not the same for AP and NAP suppliers, the navigation guides differ.
Volvo WebEDI For Automotive Products (AP)
AP suppliers source goods which are directly part of the final Volvo Group products. All AP suppliers are normally required to use EDI. The WebEDI can be used for small suppliers or as an interim solution if it is approved by the Volvo IT EDI group. Suppliers using EDI, but unable to resend their invoices when necessary, are also required to use the WebEDI to resend their invoices.
If you are to use EDI:
- The first step in the implementation process is for you to decide how to communicate with the Volvo EDI gateway.
- Normally you will have received a request from the EDI group, specifying which plants and messages that are to be implemented.
- Now you should be ready to fill in the Register for EDI Communication form and send it to the test contact in the EDI group at Volvo IT.
- On the Implementation information page you will find more detailed information, for example a list of the Volvo addresses that must be given in the invoice message.
- More information on the implementation and test process will be given to you by your test contact in the EDI group at Group IT.
If you are to use WebEDI:
- WebEDI will only be implemented after approval by your test contact at the EDI group. Manuals on how to use the portal can be found on the WebEDI page.
- More information on the implementation and test process will be given to you by your test contact in the EDI group at Volvo IT.