The EDI quiz page will constantly be updated with new questions, so check back often.
This quiz is not intended to reflect the course agenda of the EDI Academy Courses.
This is just a fun quiz to test one’s EDI knowledge. For more information about the course agenda,
please visit the Course Information Page
Select the best answer for each question:
1. What does the term "mailbag" refer to in EDI VAN Operations
2. What protocol does AS2 use?
3. What is EDIFACT?
4. What does the term "MDN" refer to in EDIINT usage?
5. When your telecommunications provider asks you to send invoices electronically which Transaction Set ID are you most likely to use?
6. Which of the following is a security option available for AS2?
7. (X) is a data requirement designator that indicates usage is?
8. Which of the following is the Purchase Order?
9. The Application Advice (824) is a general transaction set that accepts, rejects, or identifies errors in the content of any transaction set beyond normal syntax checks. It replaces the need for transactions such as the 997 Acknowledgement, 855 PO Acknowledgement, or the 827 Financial Return Notice.
10. In the 997 Acknowledgement the AK4 segment is used to:
11. Which X12 segment is most likely to contain the SSCC code used in the UCC-128 Label?
12. Scenario: A supplier plans to create an ASN with mixed SKUs in the container. How should the supplier structure the ASN?
13. Scenario: In order to make payments, instead of printing and mailing checks, a company decided to implement (EFT) Electronic Funds Transfer and related EDI transactions such as the 820 Remittance Advice. This company will take a hit on interest earned because now the funds are going to be withdrawn from their bank account faster because it's 'electronic' and it will effect the float time of cash.
14. Which EDIFACT segment is similar to the ISA segment in X12: